This page contains a list of tutorials which highlight some of the functionalities of species. The tutorials can be executed on Binder in an interactive environment or they can be downloaded as Jupyter notebook. Please create an issue if you encounter any problems with the tutorials.
Details on the various classes, functions, and parameters can be found in the API documentation.
- Flux and magnitude conversion
- Synthetic photometry
- Color-magnitude diagram: broadband filters
- Color-magnitude diagram: narrowband filters
- Atmospheric models
- Comparison of data and model
- Spectral library
- Fitting data with a grid of model spectra
- Flux calibration: scaling a model spectrum to photometric fluxes
- Emission line analysis
- Atmospheric retrieval with petitRADTRANS
A flux calibrated spectrum of Vega is used for the conversion between a flux density and magnitude. The magnitude of Vega is set to 0.03 for all filters. If needed, the magnitude of Vega can be changed with the
vega_mag attribute of a
>>> synphot = species.SyntheticPhotometry('MKO/NSFCam.K') >>> synphot.vega_mag = 0.01